Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

LET THE WORDS OF MY HEART...

Have you ever felt uncomfortable when talking to God? I mean, communication with Sovereign God, Creator of all things…really? Does it sometimes intimidate you? I have to confess there are times I have felt uncomfortable talking to God. I’ve maybe just gone through a trial in which I didn’t respond in the way I know God would lead me to respond, and now I’m like Jonah…on my ship to Tarshish, running away and trying to hide from God.

But, as the Holy Spirit begins to speak to me, I soon remember what a joy it is to talk to God. He makes it so easy for us. We don’t have to be afraid of expressing ourselves to God, because all He wants is for us to be honest with ourselves and Him. If you have trouble talking to God, maybe you should ask God to show you how to speak and listen to the Holy Creator.

I don’t believe God minds when we ask Him to help us honor His majesty. I don’t think He is disturbed or impatient when we seek His wisdom and instructions. I believe His is certainly able to show us what an honest, worshipful, and humble heart looks like. We don’t have to be afraid, nor intimidated. God delights in teaching us how to have a deeper, and more intimate relationship with Him.

Lord, I want my words from my heart, and my thoughts from my mind, to always be acceptable to You. So, help me Lord…teach me how to honor You and love You more…Amen.

No comments: