Search This Blog

Saturday, January 8, 2011

OUR BENDING GOD

This verse literally took my breath away this morning:

I love the Lord because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy.
Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath! - Psalm 116:1-2 (New Living Translation)

Sometimes children can speak so quietly that you have to bend down on their level to hear their meek little voices, unless it is my grandson Evan’s voice…no bending is necessary! Bending down to listen to them not only helps us hear them, but it communicates to them that you hear them, and that they are important to you.

This verse from Psalm 116 gives a beautiful description of how God bends down to hear us. The God who created heaven and earth…the God who is so magnificent that we fear Him…bends down to hear carefully my prayers of mercy and petition. And in return, we begin to yearn for Him. When we begin to comprehend even a little how much he cares for us, our hearts passionately seek Him and we want nothing other than His love. Psalm 73:25 says, "Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth."

It's simply incredible, isn't it?!! What an amazing God we serve! To think of the God of all Creation bending down to listen to what we have to say! That blows me away; and makes me want to pray.

Lord, it is my joy to spend time with you and be still, listening and worshipping You. I come before You because I love You and want to talk to You. There is no one greater than you, Lord…no one. You give life, joy, love and forgiveness when I ask it of You. You are merciful, Lord. Hear as I speak with you. I ask for Your hand for comfort, and I ask for your heart that I may understand and feel Your presence in me. In Jesus' name I pray...Amen.

No comments: