Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

WHAT'S GOD LOOKING FOR?

“From heaven the Lord looks down to see if anyone is wise enough to search for Him.” (Psalm 14:2 CEV)

When God looks down from heaven into our little world…our little life…what do you think God is looking for? I mean…why do you suppose God would even bother to look away, even if only for a moment, from all the glorious and marvelous beauty of heaven?

There are those who believe that God’s intention is to catch us doing something, or saying something, or even thinking something that we shouldn’t. But, I really don’t believe that to be the case at all. I would rather believe that what God is doing, is looking for people who are looking for Him. He is searching for those who know there is something more to this life than just taking up a little real estate, and sucking up oxygen for a few short decades.

James 4:7 says “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.” I picture our Father looking from the windows of Heaven for those who are drawing near to Him…seeking Him. He loves the fact that you want to know Him. Are you searching for God?


God, I want to know you and love you with all my heart. I come to you, because I love you. You are the Creator of this incredible world which is so big, and yet you are so concerned about me, as well as all of Your creation that You would search for me. Thank You for the ways You make Yourself known to me….Amen

No comments: