Search This Blog

Sunday, February 6, 2011

I WILL PRAISE YOU!

I was sitting this morning meditating for a bit on Psalm 22, and was moved to my own moment of praise. I am never short of amazed when I read these words written about a thousand years before Jesus was born, but it lays out a forecast of many things that happened during his trial and crucifixion. It appears just a little strange that a psalm that captures such a difficult and horrific event would contain such praise as you find in verses 22 and 23: “I will declare your name to my brothers; in the congregation I will praise you. You who fear the LORD, praise him! All you descendants of Jacob, honor him! Revere him, all you descendants of Israel! (NIV).” Yet, it so speaks so clearly to, and directs our attention to the hopefulness we can all have in our most difficult situations.

Just as Jesus did not stay in the grave, but was gloriously resurrected…all the dreams, and hopes, and goals, that have died for you can come to life again! You can indeed praise God in the middle of your troubles because death isn’t final. You, brothers and sisters in Christ,…have joy and life as your ultimate destination!

God, I thank you that I can stand before you in praise because of You wonderful and marvelous work in my life. I give to You all glory and honor…amen.

No comments: