Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I HEAR SANDALS!

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about my journey with Christ,…and, what a journey it has been! As a man who waited way to long in life to begin my walk with Christ, I truly savor every moment I have with Jesus now. It was on October 8, 1997, that I invited Jesus to take this journey through life with me as my personal friend, as one who sticks closer than a brother, and Jesus has never yet disappointed me,…though it is likely I have far too often disappointed my Jesus.

None-the-less, He draws along side me for my journey just as the Bible describes how He pulled up next to people in His time on this earth… just to walk with them. He did it with Matthew at the tax office. He did it with Peter and his fishing buddies along the sea. He walked along with Zacchaeus to his house for supper. Can you imagine that…supper with Jesus?!!! Even after He was raised from the dead, we find that Jesus came walking with two men on a journey from Jerusalem to Emmaus. Luke 24:15(NKJV) says… “So it was, while they conversed and reasoned, that Jesus Himself drew near and went with them.” These men were not men of great importance, or stature…they were just plain guys like me…but, they got to hear the sound of Jesus’ sandaled feet!

Knowing that presence of Jesus…the presence where you can hear His sandals…only comes when you give Him permission to live in your heart. It is then that you can know He is there to begin and end your day with you. It is when you can hear Jesus sandals that you become aware of His touch in all aspects of your life. I think all too often we miss walking with Jesus because we don’t realize that not only did Jesus invade history…but He STAYED…in the person of our Comforter! He is with you now! Maybe we need to not be in such a hurry to get through our journey with Him that we miss the walk.

Jesus, thank you that You are always ready to draw near to me…to make your presence known…and to walk with me. Amen

No comments: