Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

I AM FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE!

I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:14 NKJV)

How often do we hear someone say, “I'm not _____________ enough.” Now, you can fill that blank in with any number of positive qualities… like smart, or talented, or gifted, or spiritual. But, when we uncover the root source of every one of those lies we find that what we are saying is…"I'm not good enough." It is one of our enemy's favorite weapons. He is masterful in the way he uses it to keep God's children wrapped up in the bondage of feelings of inferiority, insecurity, and inadequacy. The bottom line is, the devourer of our soul wants us to believe that we are "not enough."…Period. But you ARE enough. You are enough… and, you have been equipped and empowered to do everything that God has called you to do. You are fearfully and wonderfully made…and God doesn’t make junk! God created man and woman and said, "It is good." We are so valuable to God that He gave His only Son to restore our brokenness.

Now, to be perfectly honest,…and as a pastor, I believe that would be a good thing…I could have been the poster child for this lie of the devil. I remember talking to God what seemed like on a daily basis about why He was surely mistaken…there is no way I could ever minister effectively to a congregation of spiritual giants. I mean if they had made “feeling inadequate” into an Olympic event,…my picture would have been plastered all over Wheaties boxes! That was pretty much the way my spiritual existence was until I finally realized who I was in Christ. Our human nature so easily falls to the temptation to pull out the tape measure and gauge ourselves against people who seem more gifted and anointed by God. That was ME.

I think too many people live life in silent defeat, constantly comparing themselves to others. We get caught in a cycle of the "I'm not good enoughs. And, gradually be begin to believe the lie and our little pieces of confidence become litter on the streets of our life. I know I wasted way too many precious years, held captive by the enemy's lies… before I finally surrendered and held up my chained hands to God and said, "I'm ready for you to set me free."

Remember this:
  • Jacob was a liar.
  • Moses was a stutterer.
  • Gideon was a coward.
  • David was an adulterer.
  • Rahab was a prostitute.
  • Esther was an orphan.
  • Balaam's donkey was...well, he was a donkey.
           …Yet God used each one of them to impact His kingdom.

I don’t believe God calls us because we are particularly gifted or talented. He uses us because we are obedient and dependent on Him. How often have we heard it said, “He doesn't call the qualified - He qualifies the called.” The truth is, if you have experienced new birth in Christ, then when God looks at you,… He sees Jesus. And friends, Jesus IS good enough.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You today. Because of Jesus Christ and His work of redemption in me, I am deeply loved; I am completely forgiven; I am fully pleasing and totally accepted by You. Because of Jesus Christ in me, I am equipped and empowered to do all that You have called me to do. So now, LORD, help me act like it. In Jesus' Name, Amen

No comments: