Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2011

KNEEL IN PRAYER...STAND UP TO ANYTHING!

I’ve come to notice that the best position from which I can truly see God is when I am on my knees, humbled before God’s awesome majesty! It is from my knees that I can look up to all the greatness of God, and gain a better perspective on just how wonderful He is.  Prayer puts us on our knees to receive the fullness of God. I find that when I'm on my knees, I am more focused…my heart is more humble… and it just seems that I am closer to Him. It is when I am on my knees that I recognize more clearly that I am before the love that changes me. I don't know how it works,…but there's definitely power when I'm on my knees.

Mother Teresa once said…“Prayer enlarges your heart until it is capable of receiving God’s gift of Himself.”  Prayer spoken humbly before God creates many rooms in your heart for God to occupy with His great power and immense love. Position yourself to receive the gifts of God…position yourself to open your heart to who God is and what God has for you. It’s just my opinion…but, there is no better place than on your knees. A person who kneels in prayer will be able to stand up to anything.

This is a great poem that has blessed my life in knowing that without prayer we cannot be successful in the things of God. I read this somewhere and copied it to use someday. It is a poem called “Traveling On Your Knees” written by Sandra Goodwin. I hope you enjoy the poem as much as I did.

TRAVELING ON YOUR KNEES

Last night I took a journey
To a land across the seas.
I didn't go by ship or plane
I traveled on my knees.


I saw so many people there
In bondage to their sin,
And Jesus told me I should go,
That there were souls to win.


But I said "Jesus, I can't go
To lands across the seas."
He answered quickly, "Yes, you can
By traveling on your knees."


He said, "You pray, I'll meet the need.
You call, and I will hear.
It's up to you to be concerned
For lost souls far and near."


And so I did; knelt in prayer,
Gave up some hours of ease,
And with the Savior by my side,
I traveled on my knees.


As I prayed on, I saw souls saved
And twisted persons healed,
I saw God's workers strength renewed
While laboring in the field.


I said, "Yes Lord, I'll take the job.
Your heart I want to please.
I'll heed Your call and swiftly go
By traveling on my knees."


By Sandra Goodwin

1 comment:

bamba said...

great post Pastor John