Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2010

GOD AT HIS VERY BEST



The great preacher E.B. Hill once posed the question of when God was at His very best. It is a question that enters my mind from time to time. It’s the question of what is the greatest thing God has ever done? Have you ever wondered about that question? Have you thought about the possible answers to this question? What was His best miracle? What was His greatest invention? What was His greatest achievement? What was His greatest day…or His greatest year? When was God at His best?

I would have to say that one of the candidates would have to be that God was at His best the week He created the Heavens and the Earth? This was definitely a breakthrough week for God. He made a Heaven and a world one week in history. I don’t ever recall any one staking the claim to creating a universe and a planet in a week’s time ... Have you? You would have to say this has to be God’s best week! And, I agree, but what about his best day? Can we pick out one of the days of that great week of creation and say that was God at His best? God started with nothingness and then decided first he needed light to help him see what he was creating. It’s always so hard to see what you are doing in the dark. So God interjected Himself into that void... that hole of darkness, and His light cut through the darkness with a brightness that could create and sustain life! That was the day God turned the lights on! We have day...We have night...Amazing! I’m sure the angels were on the side line cheering...“Way to go, God!…You’re awesome! …Go God!”

What about the second day when He created the sky to divide the water. Or, the third day when He decided to create some dry land...and he added that wonder of dry land, a covering of vegetation. That was definitely a pretty impressive day for God, but I don’t think this was God’s best day. Maybe it’s the 4th day of creation when God created the Sun and the moon. Or, the 5th day and 6th days of creation when God made the birds and the fish and all the animals. Especially the 6th day because that was when He created man in His image. When you think of the human body, and our minds, and how it is so ingenious in the way it was made, and what it is capable of doing….WOW! And then, add another ingredient.... man’s spirit. This is an amazing day in the life and times of God.

What about when He came to earth personally. I wonder if God was at His best when He decided to be born through a Virgin named Mary. I will have to admit...THIS is pretty amazing! Immanuel ... God with us ... was born on the earth in human form. This is quite a move made by God. He becomes a human like you and me, and lives among His people. He is 100% God, still somehow running the universe, and yet, 100% man dwelling on the earth. His name was Jesus! The God who created the universe and the earth,… is living on it in physical form.

Many, who have experienced physical healing, or miracles from God, would say that God is at His best when He does miracles. Some might say it was the day Jesus died on the cross. Matthew 27 describes this day of horror for Jesus and hope for you and me. All four Gospels talk about this day. It was and is, one of God’s greatest days. For me, it’s one of the three greatest days for God that I know of. But, I can’t say it was God’s best day in my view. Some would say God’s best day was definitely the day He rose from the grave. What do you think?...It’s a day of triumph! It’s the day when we all shout “He’s Alive and I’m forgiven!” I believe this also is one of God’s really great days! And for me it ranks in the top two of God’s best days. But for me, it’s not God’s very best day.

I believe the day God was at his best was on October 8,1997. That was the day Almighty God visited a lost sinner who spent a lot of time gambling, and drinking, and living life as if no one else, and nothing else, but money, possessions, and personal pleasure, mattered. On that day God showed him just how much He loved him, and that He forgave him. It was God’s best because it was the day that I experienced Jesus Christ personally and intimately. It was the day that I repented of my sins, and asked for forgiveness, and God’s loving grace washed through my body like nothing I had ever experienced before in my life.
  • I felt the warm embrace of His love.
  • I felt the warm touch of his mercy.
  • I discovered that the God who created the universes cared about what happened to ME.
  • I discovered that God was not some entity out there somewhere, but that, He was a loving father who died for ME.
It was God at His best because He took time out of His busy schedule to touch a broken man’s life in Pekin, Illinois, and set him on a path of peace and joy…a life as His servant.

Friends that is when God is at His best. For each of you who are born again Christians, the day is different, but yet it is the same...it is the day He meets people like you and me personally and intimately, and saves our souls and make us whole. The most amazing – The biggest and best day in the life of God is when He reaches down out of Heaven. He stops his busy schedule and pours out his love and forgiveness on people like you and me. My friends....God REALLY loves us...This is so awesome! John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

 It’s not until God reaches down for us and gathers us in His loving arms, and says, “I love you, and I forgive you.” That’s when God is at His best. If you haven’t experienced God’s best…you can…right now.

No comments: