Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A PRAYER FOR MY WIFE AT CHRISTMAS

Lord, I lift the deepest most sacred part of my heart to You today for that which has brought me 38 years of joy and companionship. You have blessed my life with a wonderful wife, and my greatest supporter. I pray you will not allow my busyness, or the distractions of this life, to turn my heart lukewarm where I take my wife or marriage for granted.

Lord, please make the remainder of our time on this earth a great and holy adventure. Make our marriage a haven for our souls, and remove from us any temptation to be judgmental toward each other. We surrender to You every conflict and every burden that would threaten our harmony. You are the answer to all our doubts, or questions, and You are our rock on which our marriage stands. Help us to never forget that.

Bring us closer together in heart, and mind, as well as body. Take away the quick unthoughtful words and the temptation of the enemy to criticize or be cruel to each other. Lord, guide us in the ways of holiness. Make our marriage be a burst of light in a dark world. Make it a foundation of love and wisdom for us, for our family, for our community, for our church, and for our world.

Allow us Lord, that our marriage be a channel for Your love and healing for others who are traveling on our same journey. Make our marriage a vehicle of Your grace and power. And, as lessons come our way, and challenges confront us, remove from us the evil one’s temptations to forsake each other. Help me God, to always remember that in my wife you have given me the most beautiful woman, both physically and spiritually…the special person You ordained I would have in my life to repair me when I am broken,…and cheer me on when I am experiencing great victory.

Grant to us Lord, that we remain young in our marriage, yet, permit us to grow wise in it. Where we are needy, or do not know how to behave, or when we tend to control, or to judge, or to fix, or not be completely honest,.. please, dear God,… show us another way to relate. We surrender our love to You. May it serve Your purposes. May our marriage receive Your blessing and power.

Bring into our lives what You desire for us, and make us how You would have us be. Thank You, dear God, You who are the cement that binds us together. Thank you for the love of my life…my wife, Connie. In the name of Jesus, I pray…

No comments: