Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2011

DEALING WITH PRIDE

Pride is a friend of so many of us. If Pride were a facebook page, it would have a gazillion likes. Unfortunately, Pride is not the kind of friend anyone would want. It seems to stick its nose into my business more than any other friend. The more I allow my feelings to be hurt, the more trouble I have keeping Pride silent and away from me. Pride wants what Pride wants when Pride wants it. Pride simply wants attention…it thrives on attention! Pride wants other people to notice. Pride is simply evil…it is an invention from satan! Pride is not reserved just for the rich and famous. Pride afflicts everyone, whether rich or poor. Pride takes advantage...every advantage possible. Pride actually makes your feelings hurt worse. I think Pride delights in making us hurt. So, why do we cherish our friendship with Pride so much?

To deal with Pride, I try to talk to God. I know God hears me in my Prideful times, at least on some level of knowing. Sometimes I "KNOW" God hears me… and sometimes I sorta know He hears me. But one thing I am sure of…the more I talk to God, the less power Pride has over me.

No comments: