Search This Blog

Thursday, May 5, 2011

MY PRAYER ON THIS NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER

Our gracious God and Father. I approach Your throne today on this National Day of Prayer, knowing that it is only through the name of Jesus that I can stand before You. I thank and praise You for Your goodness in allowing me to do so. I recognize very well that I am unworthy of this honor, this privilege, apart from Your unmerited favor and grace. I come before You to petition Your power, mercy, and abundant grace be granted us.

I first pray for our leaders. Lord, give our leaders godly wisdom. Guard them from making ungodly decisions, but lead them in all righteous instead. Return our leaders to the godly principles our Nation's Founders employed. May they lead in a way that pleases You, not men.

May the citizens of this great country, recognize the greatest patriot is the one who recognizes Jesus as Lord. Refresh our memory of the spiritual foundation upon which our country was founded. Restore a spirit of humility that comes from realizing we moved away from You, not the other way around. Restore honor and integrity to all elements of our nation.

Give to our President wisdom to make the choices You want him to make. Give him a tender heart of compassion for those he serves. Give him godly conviction and holy desire. Give him courage to do the right thing even when expected to do the wrong thing. Make his way parallel to Your way. Keep his thoughts pure and his walk blameless.

Give our cities strong leaders with strong spiritual wisdom. Help our leaders take care of business without compromising godly principles. Surround us with favor among other cities. Shine in the dark places of this city to give hope to the fearful. And, restore a godly influence through godly leaders.

Grant to our churches a real desire for revival. Make our churches a place where Jesus is praised, and our worship is predominant and open to your leading. Give to Christians a renewed passion to be clean and reconciled to each other. Bless us so we can bless others. And as a pastor You have called to ministry, give me and all pastors strength and energy to do Your work in Your power. Make us men and women of prayer that we may lead a people of prayer. Keep our eyes on what You want, and give us the endurance to run the race well.

As for me Lord, use me to do your work and allow me to praise your Name forever and ever. Restore my soul, extend my boundaries, and bless my ministry. Magnify the work of my hands and heart to bring glory to your Name. Make the desires of my heart the absolute same as Yours, Father. Help me to stand when I want to quit. Turn my mistakes into learning experiences. Make a way where I can't see one now. Give me strength and means to continue serving You. Use me to do something extraordinary today. Open the door where previous failures have seemingly closed them. Use me anyway you will. Use me to accomplish what You desire.

Teach me to love my wife today the same way Jesus loves me. Bless my spouse today with your richest blessing in Christ Jesus. Provide the spiritual needs of my wife in a way that glorifies You. Thank you for using her to fill my missing parts. Bless her for the way she has blessed me.

Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable to Your sight Lord, my Rock and Redeemer. I render to You, a thankful and surrendered heart. I ask all of these petitions on this day of prayer, in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: